Resolute New York Litigator Fights for Your Business
Experienced corporate attorney litigates for business owners in Westchester County and throughout New York State
Businesses can be vulnerable to all sorts of claims from people or organizations looking to advance their own interests. If your company is being sued or you need to hold another party accountable for a breach, aligning yourself with an assertive and highly regarded law firm shows that you will not be bullied into submission. At the Law Office of Michael A. Bucci II, I assist businesses and corporate boards in Westchester County and throughout New York State with civil disputes in New York and Federal courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution. My firm provides skilled advocacy in a wide range of cases, tackling conflicts with confidence.
Assertive New York lawyer handles breach of contract cases
When a party to a contract fails to perform, business damages can result that often go beyond the immediate inconvenience of getting less than promised by the contract. The breach can diminish future profits if, for example, you are unable to service your customers as a result. There are a variety of remedies that provide either monetary damages or equitable relief, such as:
- Compensatory damages — Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs — Amounts available under limited circumstances, including if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Requirement that the breaching party fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages — Penalty for a party’s objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage others from acting in a similar manner
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change to the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was agreed
At the Law Office of Michael A. Bucci II, I am committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy possible for contract breaches, whether they are the plaintiffs or defendants.
Determined attorney negotiates from a position of strength
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves all parties both time and money. I press to have frivolous claims dropped or dismissed, and work strategically to negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. I understand the advantages of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration. As a skilled negotiator, I can help clients get their businesses back on track while avoiding the expense of litigation.
Strong litigator fights for your rights in court
When finding common ground with the other party is not an option, you can count on me to build a strong case and argue persuasively. Potential business litigation matters may include complaints from employees, customers, other businesses, or even the government related to:
- Business torts
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Antitrust, unfair practices and trade regulation violations
- Breach of warranty
- Construction law
- Environmental law
- Real estate
- Toxic tort
For issues such as these, I can provide your business with knowledgeable advice and strong advocacy from start to finish.
Contact an aggressive New York business litigator today
If your business has been damaged by a contract breach or otherwise, taking prompt action is crucial as a delay in exercising your rights could mean losing them. Call the Law Office of Michael A. Bucci II at 914-627-5325 or contact me online to schedule your free consultation at my Larchmont, NY office.