Experienced New York Medical Malpractice Lawyer Seeks Justice for Your Injuries
Skilled attorney helps victims in Westchester County and throughout New York State recover full compensation
Physicians and other healthcare providers owe their patients a duty to provide a professional standard of care, demonstrating the same level of skill that fellow practitioners normally exercise. When that duty of care is breached and you’re injured as a result, you may be able to obtain damages through a medical malpractice claim. The Law Office of Michael A. Bucci II represents clients in medical malpractice actions in Westchester County and throughout New York State. Victims of medical negligence may recover compensation for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and lost income. I advocate for fair and full awards that account for the harm you’ve suffered, and protect your rights when healthcare professionals try to pressure you to accept less than you deserve.
I obtained one of the ten largest medical malpractice jury verdicts in 2016 in NY Supreme Court ($2,000,000 for negligent medical treatment that caused penile injury to my client).
Dedicated New York attorney handles a range of malpractice claims
Medical malpractice can take the form of many types of preventable mistakes, wrongful actions, or exercises in poor judgement. Valid bases for a medical malpractice case may include:
- Anesthesia errors — Patients who are not given sufficient anesthesia may be in extreme pain throughout surgery but unable to communicate their distress. Conversely, patients who receive too much anesthesia can experience life-threatening complications.
- Birth injuries — Cerebral palsy, fractures, infections, and nerve damage are just some of the injuries an infant may suffer from a doctor's improper care surrounding prenatal care and delivery.
- Emergency room errors — An ER doctor who doesn't recognize the seriousness of a patient's condition may be to blame if a lack of care results in deterioration of the patient's health.
- Medication errors — Wrong medications or wrong dosages can result in adverse reactions and serious injury.
- Misdiagnosis — A misdiagnosis can result in harmful, unnecessary treatment while depriving the patient of proper treatment.
- Negligent nursing home care — Nursing home caretakers who abuse or neglect patients may be responsible for falls, dehydration or other serious health issues suffered by nursing home residents.
- Surgical errors — Surgeons who operate on the wrong body part or leave surgical tools inside a patient can cause serious, permanent damage or death.
To prevail on a medical malpractice claim, an injured plaintiff must usually retain medical experts to establish negligent care and resulting harm. At the Law Office of Michael A. Bucci II, I consult with and retain prominent medical professionals to support your case and present compelling evidence of malpractice at trial.
Determined attorney takes timely action on your claim
It is important to consult an attorney as soon as you believe that malpractice may have occurred. New York law sets statutory deadlines for filing medical malpractice claims. If a deadline passes before a claim is made, you may be unable to seek a remedy from the parties responsible for your suffering. In addition, investigating your malpractice claim promptly after the injury can help preserve crucial evidence and valuable testimony. When you retain my services, I promptly commence a review of relevant medical records and conduct a thorough investigation to establish a strong case.
Contact a knowledgeable New York medical malpractice lawyer
The Law Office of Michael A. Bucci II represents medical malpractice victims throughout New York to seek the full compensation they deserve. Call me at 914-627-5325 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation at my Larchmont, NY office.